Newcastle United are reportedly looking to add more firepower to their forward line and have reportedly identified Napoli’s Khvicha Kvaratskhelia as one of their ‘top priorities’.
Kvaratskhelia, 21, arrived in Napoli in July after a €10million purchase from Georgian side Dinamo Batumi, after playing with Russian Rubin Kazan before the invasion of Ukraine allowed foreign players to leave.
The Georgia international with 19 senior caps to his name has been a revelation for Napoli, starting 11 of the 12 games he has been healthy for, resulting in six goals and seven assists for the Serie A leaders.
He was equally impressive in the Champions League, picking up both a goal and an assist in back-to-back wins over Ajax, after helping to a 4-1 demolition of Liverpool.
Just six months after his arrival in Italy, the exciting winger’s transfer value has skyrocketed, and Napoli will face a tough decision on whether to cash in on the player nicknamed ‘Kvaradona’.
TOP STORY – NEWCASTLE TRAVEL PLAN FOR GEORGIAN SENSATION KVARATSKHELIA
According to The Times, Kvaratskhelia has been scouted regularly by Newcastle this season, and they have been so impressed that “he has become one of the club’s top priorities for the next two transfer windows”.
With Napoli in the hunt for their first Serie A title since the 1989-90 season, it remains to be seen whether they would part ways with one of their main contributors, but an offer in excess of €50m could force the Italian team to a serious encounter.
Newcastle are also enjoying their best season in some time, and although they have their sights set on a Champions League place, the Magpies are likely to persist at the end of the season if a January transfer is not an option.
– Mediafoot reports Manchester United are considering a move for Atletico Madrid and the 31-year-old French striker Antoine Griezmannwhile The Telegraph claims the Red Devils are after 23-year-old PSV and the Netherlands who stand out Cody Gakpo.
– According to the Times, wolves predict busy transfer window, with Todofichajes signaling they want Spain international isco of Sevilla, as well as the right-back of United Aaron Wan-Bissakaby Express and Star.
– Journalist Ekrem Konur believes Everton have entered the bidding war for the 22-year-old Ajax midfielder Mohammad Kudus after his excellent World Cup for Ghana.
– Sky Sports reports Leicester City, wolves and West Ham are all interested in the 22-year-old Moroccan midfielder Azzedine Ounahiwho plays in Angers in Ligue 1.
– According to Calciomercato, Paris Saint Germain are confident they will land the Inter centre-back Milan Skriniar on a free transfer at the end of the season.